Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sun-DAY practice!

Typical Sunday? No way!
Never have my sundays been typical!
Besides me oversleeping when I was supposed to arrive at practice at 9, I woke up at 11
I have practice every sunday! This has been going on for a whole year now!
It's downtown manhattan near Union Square!
We've been preparing for this huge festival on the 25th of July
Gathering 10,000 people to come watch us!
As you can see, It's a week from now!
We'll be going down to Philadelphia to perform in front of those 10 thousand people!
I'll be going there for three days starting on Friday-Sunday.
But, basically today was full of sweat and tears and just hard work and screaming.
It's the LAST sunday practice and wrap up we'll have in NYC before the ACTUAL thing.
So today, I put in my WHOLE EFFORTS all into one and MADE IT HAPPEN.
The festivals going to big! It's really going to be life changing.
I hope to come back with new goals and dreams and a different way of viewing life.
Today, our wrap up was amazing.
The spirit from the 750 performers we had today which is not even close to half of what we'll have in Philly were blood sweating tears! We were crying here and there.
The energy level was over the TOP! It was definitely something else. I have a great feeling about next weeks performance.
I do Taiko Drums/Lion Dance Drums. :D The amount of energy I had today was amazing.
I've never felt anything else like it. Each pound on the drum, was a tear. I really hope this will all work out. From all the sundays we've gathered? It will be worth it.
So let's ROCK THE ERA!

No comments:

Post a Comment